Fantasy Springs Resort Reopens
The Cabazon Band of Mission Indians amended its State of Emergency order issued on March 17 to pave the way for Fantasy Springs to commence Phase 1 to reopen on June 2. The opening comes with newly instituted health, safety, and social distancing guidelines in place to protect guests, employees and the community at large from potential exposure to COVID-19.
Phase 1 includes:
• Mandatory protective face masks for guests and employees
• Temperature screenings for all guests entering the property
• One-way entrance and exit to the Resort
• Table games and slot machines reduced to 50 percent capacity
• No smoking inside the Resort facilities (designated smoking area outside)
• Quick-service restaurants (Pizza Kitchen, Lique, Starbucks) and The Springs bar reduced to 50 percent capacity
• Play resuming at Eagle Falls with players required to wear masks
• Zero-tolerance policy for all health, safety and social distancing guidelines
Some of those measures include:
• Temperature scanning: All guests will have their temperature taken by a Public Safety Officer using a noninvasive forehead thermometer before entering.
• Social distancing: Responsible social distancing is encouraged throughout the property with ample signage. Occupancy on the casino floor will be reduced to 50 percent.
• Sanitation: Hand sanitizer stations have been installed throughout the property, along with signage encouraging guests to wash their hands frequently.
• Protective wear: All guests and employees are required to wear protective masks while on property. Employees serving food or handling money must also wear gloves.
CBMI will continue to refine these measures as medical experts and government entities provide new information.
Phase 2 of the reopening — including sit-down dining, hotel capacity, retail outlets, bowling and live entertainment — will be announced in the coming days. For more information, visit FantasySpringsResort.com.