Fingers crossed that New Year’s Eve festivities will not be canceled! As omicron continues to grip the world, we typically would benefit from being warmer and drier. That’s not the case this week as temps will likely not break the 60 degree mark and rain/snow will dominate the forecast.
While our lives are better than a year ago due to vaccinations and the lifting of that 2020 stay at home order, it’s still best to be cautious and wear KN95 or N95 masks. My logoed KGAY/Gay Desert Guide mask looks nice, but doesn’t really protect,
I found out over the weekend.
We have a number of ways you can celebrate New Year’s Eve in our preview article and events links below. You can also choose to dine out at one of our many fine valley restaurants or maybe take in a movie.
Speaking of which, I took a little time to pick my films to see for the 33rd annual Palm Springs International Film Festival. While my opening night dreams of meeting Gaga are dashed, I still look forward to some great cinema. KGAY & GayDesertGuide are media sponsors, and we’ll be giving away passes on KGAY 106.5 this week and next.
Happy holidays from the entire team to you and yours!
Brad Fuhr, your Gay Desert Guide & KGAY 106.5 Palm Springs
P.S. If you’re not getting the weekly “Oasis Insiders” newsletter, please sign up today so we can stay in touch.
🥳 New Year’s Eve Preview 🥂
Here’s a taste of the choices you have for ringing in the New Year in Greater Palm Springs!
- Agua Caliente Casinos’ Light it Up: Three parties at each of the Agua Caliente Casinos: Palm Springs, Rancho Mirage, and Cathedral City, with live entertainment, food trucks, indoor and outdoor dance parties.
- Streetbar will have party favors, tasty food, a midnight champagne toast, and as always, no cover charge.
- Oscar’s presents A Dragasaur’s New Year’s Eve, with Gypsy, Sherry Vine, Varla Jean Merman, and Heklina.
- Chill Bar has DJ Lee Dagger of Bimbo Jones, with Go-Go men, party favors, and champagne toast.
- One Eleven Bar has a New Year’s Eve celebration with Vanity Halston, admission includes champagne, lite bites, and a show.
- The Amigo Room at the Ace Hotel has DJ Cut Chemist spinning funk, soul, disco and boogie, plus special surprise guests.
- The Roost Lounge has a Gennine Jackson Dinner Show, then Disco 54 with hosts Anita Rose and Alexander Rodriguez with performances, favors, trivia, appetizers, and a toast.
- V Wine Lounge has Bill Lohnes performing, exciting cocktails, delightful wine selection and yummy bites.
- Eight4Nine has Keisha D and Hearts of Soul performing.
- Barracks Bar has a New Year’s Eve Bash by Megawoof, featuring beefy Go-Go’s and very special guest DJs Catz ‘n Dogz.
- The Purple Room Supper Club has 3 seatings with performances by Rose Mallett and Sharon Sills, with party favors and champagne toast at the last seating.
- The Saguaro presents Drag Me to 2022, a disco gala with comedy, disco, holiday surprises and treats for all, hosted by Miss Rusty Waters.
- AsiaSF Palm Springs celebrates their return and introduces the Ladies of Asia SF, plus two New Year’s countdowns and sumptuous hors d’oeuvres, signature cocktails and more.
Boozehounds New Year’s Eve Party
Boozehounds invites you to “Follow the Call of the Disco Ball” for a New Year’s Eve unlike any other. Starting at 8:00 p.m., their space will transform to the Era of Studio 54 for a night of 70’s glamour and disco to ring in the New Year in retro style. Dress to impress and dance the night away with a special guest DJ Chris DeJesus. Get tickets
🔥 Listen to KGAY 106.5 on Monday morning, December 27, when Gay Desert Guide Brad Fuhr will be joining morning show host John Taylor to give away a pair of passes to Boozehounds’ New Year’s Eve Party!
Brothers of the Desert Legacy Gala: A Mask’d Ball
Each New Year’s Eve, Brothers of the Desert showcases a fun-filled Legacy Gala, featuring great food, music, dancing, silent auction, and a champagne toast. This dinner and fundraiser takes place on Friday, December 31 at 8:00 p.m. at Margaritaville Resort in Palm Springs and masquerade attire is encouraged. Proceeds go to support the mission of Brothers of the Desert and their focus on building a stronger community of Black Gay men and allies in the Coachella Valley and beyond, and the event is open to anyone who supports this mission. Get tickets.